Getting the best auto insurance quote means comparing several quotes from different companies to find one that meets one’s insurance requirements, charges lesser premium and offers good coverage. Insurers offer good discounts and benefits for customers who have a good driving record, hold several policies from the company or for students with good grades. So, to get the best deals, be sure to furnish your correct vehicle usage variables and enjoy competitive insurance quotes.
Auto Insurance Quote: How to Reduce Premium Cost
Here are some other useful tips to help you get the best auto insurance quote and pay reduced premium charges:
1. Decide your Requirements: Determine the right type of policy for your vehicle, such as whether you require a comprehensive policy, or a simple fire and theft, and third party insurance. A comprehensive policy will attract greater monthly premiums, as compared to a simple policy.
2. Research and Buy Online: Researching is important even when you are renewing your insurance policy. Check with different insurers and compare their quotes before settling for one. You can do this conveniently on the Internet, on auto insurance websites that also offer tips, suggestions and advice on vehicle insurance. Besides, insurance companies also offer discounts (at least 10%) for buying insurance online.
3. Higher Deductibles: Deductibles is the amount that a customer has to pay before the insurance company takes up a claim. Higher the deductible, lesser will be your premium charges. To ensure your vehicle safety and to attract lesser premiums, use alarms and immobilizers; and park your vehicle in a garage or driveway rather than on the road. You can also save on premium by making annual, rather than monthly premium payments.
4. Lower Mileage: Vehicles with lower mileage usually attract lesser insurance premiums, compared to those with higher mileage. So, accurate calculation of mileage is important for getting the best vehicle insurance quotes.
5. No Claims Discounts: Opt for policies that offer increasing discounts for every year that passes without a claim. Greater the discount, lesser will be your premium. There are companies that offer fixed discounts per year, irrespective of whether you make a claim.
You can also insure your vehicle at cheaper premium if you opt for limited distance driving or pleasure driving during the insured period.